Ammo Availability Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ammo Availability Thread.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue May 02, 2017 12:12 pm

mcb wrote:Why? I just bought my 450 BM Bushmaster upper a couple weeks ago and a Remington RM380 a few months ago without issue. I have not shot my 450BM yet but it seems pretty good.

Everyone is just gonna have to wait and see. Can't discuss it.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Wed May 24, 2017 7:59 am

More new factory load news: I got an email from Underwood Ammo this morning that they are going to start loading the 450b in StarLine brass very soon and get it out for testing, and presumably for sale fairly quickly. Not sure what boolits they're planning on, but I suggested some of our handload favorites along with a courteous suggestion that they emphasize a tight neck crimp and hot primer...so keep an eye on their website. Underwood makes really top-notch factory loads, so I'd expect their 450b loadings to be well done also.
:D
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 am

commander faschisto wrote:More new factory load news: I got an email from Underwood Ammo this morning that they are going to start loading the 450b in StarLine brass very soon and get it out for testing, and presumably for sale fairly quickly. Not sure what boolits they're planning on, but I suggested some of our handload favorites along with a courteous suggestion that they emphasize a tight neck crimp and hot primer...so keep an eye on their website. Underwood makes really top-notch factory loads, so I'd expect their 450b loadings to be well done also.
:D

Cool!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby drt4lfe » Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Hodgdon Powder is suppose to have 450 reloading info in 2018 manual.....
drt4lfe

Postby Al in Mi » Thu May 25, 2017 5:25 am

drt4lfe wrote:Hodgdon Powder is suppose to have 450 reloading info in 2018 manual.....

about time, I'll have to check their website, see if anything posted there yet
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 am

Al in Mi wrote:
drt4lfe wrote:Hodgdon Powder is suppose to have 450 reloading info in 2018 manual.....

about time, I'll have to check their website, see if anything posted there yet

Heck, the Reloading Data Center link from their Main web page doesn't even work. Shows you their commitment to keeping things up to date. :roll:

The link to their Reloading Data Center as found by Google, does in fact work. However, no 450b loads at present.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby mcb » Thu May 25, 2017 12:19 pm

I had trouble with Hodgdon's reloading center a few months ago. Turned out the problem was on my end. Had to clear out Chrome's cache to get it to work. I Figured it out when I tried Internet Explore and that still worked. Cleared Chrome's cache and it started working too.
mcb

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Imagine my surprise!...Big Green has, yet again, failed to keep their word about producing 450b Hog Hammer rounds "sometime" during Q2 of this year, which you may notice is now two weeks in the past. Why do we even talk to those people any more? I have lost count of the number of times their happy-clappy PR has raised our hopes of some sort of support from Remington (and not just with the 450b...) only to have them crushed under the wheels of Big Green reality. I quit buying Remington products years ago, with the exception of a 30RAR for historical purposes, and their latest betrayal has not improved my attitude toward their lying asses.

:x :x :x
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:36 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Imagine my surprise!...Big Green has, yet again, failed to keep their word about producing 450b Hog Hammer rounds "sometime" during Q2 of this year, which you may notice is now two weeks in the past. Why do we even talk to those people any more? I have lost count of the number of times their happy-clappy PR has raised our hopes of some sort of support from Remington (and not just with the 450b...) only to have them crushed under the wheels of Big Green reality. I quit buying Remington products years ago, with the exception of a 30RAR for historical purposes, and their latest betrayal has not improved my attitude toward their lying asses.

:x :x :x

Well. Like I said. There's something very wrong with Remington right now, but I have sworn to a very very reliable source not disclose the situation. But I will never buy anything Remington again.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Bmt85 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm sure someone's found this already, but SGammo now carries Hornady 450B. It's running $1.25 a round under 200 rds. 200rds or more, $1.20 a round. There shipping is also very reasonable.
Bmt85

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles