New 450 bushmaster

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New 450 bushmaster

Postby Hoot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Bigguns17 wrote:We're is a good place to reloading supplies

There's Monsoor's over on Copeland Ave in LaCrosse. Otherwise, there's Valley Reloading and Gun down in Westby.

Thank you Google.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Bigguns17 wrote:We're is a good place to reloading supplies

What do you mean?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Bigguns17 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Ok thanks to those replied to my post I took the bca out and found were just behing the gas rings ride there was a slight flat spot so with a little lapping compound a recleaning I lube it all back up . Went out hunting Saturday shot a nice buck and the gun worked flawlessly with all 5 shells fired
Bigguns17

Postby Bigguns17 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

What I was after on the reloading supplies is there a place online you have found that has good prices on reloading supplies.
Bigguns17

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Bigguns17 wrote:What I was after on the reloading supplies is there a place online you have found that has good prices on reloading supplies.

You might try Grafs and sons. But Midway USA usually has a good selection. But for powder, Grafs.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 pm

powder and primers you're going to want to get locally due to hazmat cost added onto shipping unless you can find a sale or order in bulk (even if you split with a buddy or something)

[edit] when i say bulk i mean primers probably 10k at a go, 5k minimum
i would also say no less than 8 pounds of powder. the more the merrier - otherwise your cost per pound is crazy. hazmat is at least $18 and shipping will be at least 15-20, so if you only order 2 pounds of powder, you're adding in an average of $18/lb to the listed price. if you order 10 lbs - its under $4/lb for the shipping cost per pound. 20 lbs and you're under $2/lb.
[/edit]

bullets - whoever has them on sale that week - midway, midsouth, cabelas - too big of a list to fill out. again think buy in bulk to save on shipping.

brass - probably starline right now when it comes down to cost per and availibility (and shipping is free!)
plant_one

Postby Handgunner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Guys & Gals
Here is my last and latest Bushy. TC Encor barrel by MGM. 20" SS integral muzzle break, spiral fluting, barrel band and Steel 6 hole pic mount. 5R rifling. The flutes, barrel band and mount are Gold cerakoted. The SS frame is from HausofArms and has been jeweled by MagNaPort.The scope is a Leupold XVR ZOMBIE 1.25-4. The stock is from HausofArms, their Revolution JR stock has a 13" LOP with thumb hole butt stock in Birch pattern which matches the Gold Cereakote really well. Shoots fantastic. I now have a Bushy AR, Ruger#1 and the Encore.
Attachments
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG (38.95 KiB) Viewed 15694 times
Last edited by Handgunner on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RETIRED
US ARMY VET. 1966/1968
Deputy Sheriff & Fire Fighter
Life Member NRA/1976
Firearms Enthusiast
Handgunner

Postby Hoot » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Assuming you have shot it already, I've often wondered if its hard controlling the rotational torque of a 450b with a thumbhole stock. I have four thumbhole rifles but the largest caliber is 260 Remington. With the lesser calibers, including a 22, the rotational torque is ever so slight. With the 260, which by 450b standards is a peep squeak, when I'm shooting long scenar style 140 grainers as fast as is safe, the rotational torque starts to require a conscious effort to control. Not hard to control, but needing some thought about it. I would suspect (meaning I don't know) that the larger circumference of the 450b would impart more torque. Maybe the slower velocity offsets the larger circumference?

What's been your experience?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Handgunner » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Hoot
I have not really noticed it. I will concentrate on that to see. I have shot it about 10 times so far. Maybe the 5R rifling helps. It is not a deep and a lot smoother than regular rifling. I know the recoil is more than the #1, the Encore is quite a bit lighter. Love shooting the #1 but it is a bit much to carry in the woods. I think the laminated stock contributes a lot towards that. Also most factory stocks a a bit long for me. I like a 13-13 1/2" where a lot of factory are 14" or more. Up here in Michigan during deer season heavy clothing is often required. That makes a gun stock seem even longer.
Will let ya know.
By the way the Bushy AR and the Ruger #1 are for sale on Gun Broker. If anyone is intrested I can and will sell off of GB. Email me and I can give specifics. ONLY WANT TO SELL ONE. If and when one sells I will take the other off of the market. My son uses one for hunting also.
RETIRED
US ARMY VET. 1966/1968
Deputy Sheriff & Fire Fighter
Life Member NRA/1976
Firearms Enthusiast
Handgunner

Postby plant_one » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 am

i cant imagine it would be much different than we expierence with the pistol grips on our AR's, no?

i mean a thumbhole stock is really just a pistol grip carved into the wood....
plant_one

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms