Proper upper - new build, new member

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Proper upper - new build, new member

Postby BradD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi all,

I’m a new member to this forum and new to 450 B. I appreciate reaping the fruits of your hard work.

I am starting a 450 build and have accumulated most everything to start. I’ve built many ARs in most cartridges, including 458 Socom. What’s puzzling me is what strIpped upper to use or how do you properly add clearance to standard upper, or would just an Anderson 458 Socom Upper do the job?

Pleased to meet you.

Brad
BradD

Re: Proper upper - new build, new member

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 am

BradD wrote:Hi all,

I’m a new member to this forum and new to 450 B. I appreciate reaping the fruits of your hard work.

I am starting a 450 build and have accumulated most everything to start. I’ve built many ARs in most cartridges, including 458 Socom. What’s puzzling me is what strIpped upper to use or how do you properly add clearance to standard upper, or would just an Anderson 458 Socom Upper do the job?

Pleased to meet you.

Brad

Welcome Aboard Brad!

Since you're familiar with the Anderson 458 Socom receiver and satisfied (hopefully) with its performance, I'd say stick with a winner and use one for you 450b build. If it clears the 458 Socom, it will clear the 450b.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Proper upper - new build, new member

Postby BradD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am

Hoot, thank you very much. Just what I needed to know. Got one on order.

Brad
BradD

Return to AR15 Style Rifles