Hope I didnt make a poor choice..

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Hope I didnt make a poor choice..

Postby Robert FL » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:04 pm

having used Barnes bullets with sabots in my Muzzle loader I would be comfortable using their Bullets. The Maker Tomahawk also looks very interesting but they say they are designed to NOT pass thru
Robert FL

Postby Bmt85 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Robert FL wrote:having used Barnes bullets with sabots in my Muzzle loader I would be comfortable using their Bullets. The Maker Tomahawk also looks very interesting but they say they are designed to NOT pass thru

First I've heard of the Makers bullet not meant to pass through. Looks to me like it should. I still haven't tested the ones Makers made for me, hopefully I can get to that this Spring or Summer.
Bmt85

Postby Robert FL » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 am

I like the look of the Maker Tomahawk bullet, the picture shows it opening up pretty wide. I have shot thru the 4 hogs and one deer using the FTX and JHC bullets. Both really doing alot of damage.. Copied from Bang it website. This round is recommended for hunting and self defense purposes. This projectile was designed specifically for the 450 Bushmaster. Instead of mushrooming or coming apart on impact, these hollow points are designed to "bloom" and open three razor sharp petals which "chop" their way through the target as the projectile rotates. This helps to dump a massive amount of energy on impact and reduce over penetration or "pass through" especially on light big game animals like deer when hit in the rib cage area. This load runs at AMV of 2010 FPS and is very smooth to shoot due to the fact is is not over loaded to hit a high speed. If you are looking for speed then take a look at our "Screamer" round. Like all of our .450 Bushmaster loads this round employs a heavy dual crimp for use in AR platforms. This helps to reduce the bullet jump 450 Bushmaster taper crimps are known for when cycled in ARs. This round will also function bolt action rifles.
Robert FL

Postby plant_one » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am

with the makers - they're designed to open up but the petals should stay attached to the base of the round and penetrate deep and pass thru.

its designed for maximum damage during passthru

give them a call, they'll be more than happy to discuss their expected performance with you i'm sure
plant_one

Postby Robert FL » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:39 pm

just ordered a box of the tomahawk bullets to try. Also tried to get a box of 275 barnes, all they had was a box of 5..so I got that one.
Robert FL

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles