300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Hoot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am

Have been watching these inch down in price. Seems to be the new Midway pricing protocol. Start factory seconds out the same price as new and drop them a few bucks every week or so, depending upon whether they're moving or not. I have loaded and shot these. They fly like other 300gr bullets and perform like other FTX variants. If heavy is your flavor, you can find them Here.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Hoot » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 am

Now down to $30/100. Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby BW460 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 pm

They're even cheaper now.... but, those are .500 diameter, not .452.
BW460
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Maryland

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 am

BW460 wrote:They're even cheaper now.... but, those are .500 diameter, not .452.

Good catch!!!
Dammit Hoot!!! Now I have to do a return once they arrive.
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Hoot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
BW460 wrote:They're even cheaper now.... but, those are .500 diameter, not .452.

Good catch!!!
Dammit Hoot!!! Now I have to do a return once they arrive.


I'm waiting for my order to arrive as well. I researched the specs closely before I wrote the original post. They were originally listed as .452 caliber, to be used with a .50 caliber sabot. The wording has changed and having seen my share of Midway misprints in the past, I'm content to wait and see. Somewhere in the title or description, they still say .50 caliber sabots not included.

Time will tell.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:42 am

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
BW460 wrote:They're even cheaper now.... but, those are .500 diameter, not .452.

Good catch!!!
Dammit Hoot!!! Now I have to do a return once they arrive.


I'm waiting for my order to arrive as well. I researched the specs closely before I wrote the original post. They were originally listed as .452 caliber, to be used with a .50 caliber sabot. The wording has changed and having seen my share of Midway misprints in the past, I'm content to wait and see. Somewhere in the title or description, they still say .50 caliber sabots not included.

Time will tell.

Hoot

Hmmmm.
You’re right.
6262B63E-137F-41AD-A711-38FB56C25C2B.png
A
6262B63E-137F-41AD-A711-38FB56C25C2B.png (131.24 KiB) Viewed 986 times
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby BW460 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:45 pm

I bought 12 boxes and, yes, they measure .499. I'm sending them back, but have to pay the shipping. It's my fault, I should have checked them closer before hitting the order button.
BW460
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Maryland

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:47 pm

BW460 wrote:I bought 12 boxes and, yes, they measure .499. I'm sending them back, but have to pay the shipping. It's my fault, I should have checked them closer before hitting the order button.


Same.
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Hoot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Well I'm guessing that the misprint was early on and then they changed it to reflect the correct size. Sorry guys. When mine arrive, I'll have to return them as well. From now on, I'll take a screen shot, before posting.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: 300gr FTX Midway $36/100

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Hoot wrote:Well I'm guessing that the misprint was early on and then they changed it to reflect the correct size. Sorry guys. When mine arrive, I'll have to return them as well. From now on, I'll take a screen shot, before posting.

Hoot

It’s okay bud. It happens.
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests