Stupid question about MLok & slings

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Stupid question about MLok & slings

Postby RedRambler » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Alright I bought one of the BCA uppers recently and it's got a mounting system called mloc. I realize it's been around for a while but it's new to me.

Do they make an mloc compatible "normal" sling grommet that can be attached to the upper ?

I've been looking and all I can find is more tactical than I have in mind. I don't want a single point sling, I don't want a combat sling, I just want a normal old fashioned regular rifle sling lol.

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.
RedRambler

Re: Stupid question about MLok & slings

Postby Buckeye45 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:10 am

Yes "they" do. Several companies make a Bipod adapter, which is the sling mount you seek. Some are on the big side for a sling swivel and may need a little love from a file or dremmel. I've done this on a few and it works well. For the rear one I use a threaded eye and drill a slight undersized hole where you want or can in your stock. A drop of epoxy or gorilla glue will hold and strengthen the area.
You can also use a QD quick release type which will be lower profile when the sling is off. These are offered in mlock as well. Would just need to switch one of your swivels on your sling to the QD type. You can still use your favorite sling. After hunting with an AR type rifle last year I spent the offseason adjusting stuff like this and making little changes to set it up how I like to hunt.
Buckeye45

Postby RedRambler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Buckeye45 wrote:Yes "they" do. Several companies make a Bipod adapter, which is the sling mount you seek. Some are on the big side for a sling swivel and may need a little love from a file or dremmel. I've done this on a few and it works well. For the rear one I use a threaded eye and drill a slight undersized hole where you want or can in your stock. A drop of epoxy or gorilla glue will hold and strengthen the area.
You can also use a QD quick release type which will be lower profile when the sling is off. These are offered in mlock as well. Would just need to switch one of your swivels on your sling to the QD type. You can still use your favorite sling. After hunting with an AR type rifle last year I spent the offseason adjusting stuff like this and making little changes to set it up how I like to hunt.

Thanks for the info. Now I know what to ask for. Last place I went into the people behind the counter just looked at me like "what do you mean you don't want a single point sling for your AR ?".

Also GO BUCKEYES !!!!!
RedRambler

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:39 am

I always carry AR's in front, so the front mount is on top or 45* off, pretty fast to bring up and keeps both hands free. Also easy to sling across your back.
Al in Mi

Return to AR15 Style Rifles