Bad news for Bear Creek fans.....

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 am

-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Bad news for Bear Creek fans.....

Postby plant_one » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:20 am

ive said for a very long time the identify theft is one of the biggest things going... it has been for decades with illegals. makes you wonder how many times the same set of SSN's has been used across the country... which of course is probably what happened here - and at other ICE raids recently. its gotta be a big red flag thats been ignored for years and years.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office said it was the result of an ongoing investigation by ICE into identity theft and fraud. An ICE official told ABC11 that action was the result of a federal search warrant and not immigration enforcement.

ICE clarified Wednesday that 25 people had been arrested on criminal charges related to "an ongoing criminal investigation." Two other individuals were arrested for civil immigration violations.

plant_one

Postby muddy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:40 am

There goes my warranty.
muddy

Postby Blackedout12v » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 pm

muddy wrote:There goes my warranty.

I don't believe this will sink them. Could be wrong..
Blackedout12v

Postby 303hunter » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:39 am

From what I understand, their hiring practices have not been questioned. I’m hoping they can replace the illegals and keep manufacturing like normal.
303hunter

Postby befus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 pm

303hunter wrote:From what I understand, their hiring practices have not been questioned. I’m hoping they can replace the illegals and keep manufacturing like normal.

I think the comments made in reference to their culpability in hiring were guarded at best. It is true that many of the aliens had fake ID's, but if they were of poor enough quality that any normal person might question their correctness, then BCA is not out of the woods. 30 is lot of folks to be working in one smallish plant with questionable documents and 'no habla English' as an answer to questions.
Befus
NRA Life Member
US Army 1969-1972
Patriot
befus

Postby muddy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Their Facebook statement this morning sounded like all will he well, but one never knows I guess.
muddy

Postby plant_one » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:16 pm

they're still sending out emails like normal. so they havent shut the doors on the place yet.

befus wrote: It is true that many of the aliens had fake ID's, but if they were of poor enough quality that any normal person might question their correctness, then BCA is not out of the woods. 30 is lot of folks to be working in one smallish plant with questionable documents and 'no habla English' as an answer to questions.

they didnt say fake ID's... they said IDENTITY THEFT

i bet the ID's and paperwork were quite real offical govt docs.

just the data on them was stolen - the SSN most likely being the big one. Once you have someone else valid SSN, getting a paper replacement from the govt is relatively easy - or used to be not long ago - especailly if done by mail. and once you have that you can get access to other stuff like birth cert, etc. wouldnt surprise me that the folks selling them had at least one actual govt printed doc - birth cert and/or SSN- to hand out as part of the "here's your papers" bundle the illegal bought from whoever.

once you have an actual printed SSN card and/or birth cert, getting every other kind of offical document you want - like a Drivers licence is ez peazy. the SSN & a birth cert is the keys to the kingdom as a citizen here.

my aunt - this goes back about 10-12 years now - was a victim of identity theft. Someone applied for "lost or stolen" papers and then went into the DMV and got a DL printed up with their photo on it and their version of her signature. They then mailbox stalked her until the new Drivers Liscence showed up, and now they have access to the whole magilla. They ended up being able to buy a brand new like $40k SUV on her credit, and it was only caught when my aunt got one of the monthly statements that the mailbox stalker didnt manage to get before they completed the change of address on the bill. She notified the dealership and was able to get copies of the sales records - including a copy of the DL with some african american woman's photo on it, etc from them. it was a giant mess for her to unravel, but thankfully the dealership recovered the vehicle and everything eventually got sorted out.
plant_one

Return to Off Topic