Barnes sale at Midway

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Barnes sale at Midway

Postby MoArk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 pm

275 TSX on sale more than I've seen recently... https://www.midwayusa.com/product/33042 ... -box-of-20

Other Barnes bullets on sale too if 450 isn't the only thing you are reloading.
MoArk

Re: Barnes sale at Midway

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm

That's about as cheap as I have ever seen them too.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:25 am

Don't forget the 200 XPB. My current whitetail preference.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Bmt85 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Al in Mi wrote:That's about as cheap as I have ever seen them too.

I think about a year ago, maybe longer they went on sale for about that. I couldn't pass it up, so I stocked up. :D The 200 XPB's were also on sale, so stocked up on those, too. The 200's aren't on sale this time around for some reason. :?
Bmt85

Postby offrink » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Are they really that much better than the 250 grain FTX or even 300 grain Speer? $0.75/bullet seems like a lot.
offrink

Postby Hoot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 am

offrink wrote:Are they really that much better than the 250 grain FTX or even 300 grain Speer? $0.75/bullet seems like a lot.

Yes, they are. I personally don't enjoy running into a piece of lead while eating my venison. Makes me wonder how many other smaller pieces I've swallowed because I didn't notice them.
Second is the fact that their behavior is almost identical from one to the next, when they hit tissue. What's not to love about performance like this?

Here's a Link to the work I did with the 200 XPB. The 275's performance is the same in the front, just longer in the rear.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby offrink » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks for the info. I’ll look into them!
offrink

Postby Hoot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 pm

offrink wrote:Thanks for the info. I’ll look into them!

Just a common sense addition. While Barnes bullets are not cheap, neither is going to deer or hogging camp . Gas, Lodging, Supplies, etc can add up to a hefty investment toward scoring that first or trophy kill. The cost of a few shots pale in comparison. Not all of us live on a farm or have quality hunting scenarios out our back door. I'm still hauling around the the same sleeve of 20 Barnes loads I made up for deer hunting 7 or 8 years ago. A few are now missing but the sleeve promises to last into the future.

I was fortunate to be gifted (not from Barnes) adequate numbers of Barnes 200 and 275 XPB's to do the write ups back 8 years ago, before the TSX was introduced. If I had been left to my own pockets to fund those tests, they no doubt would not have happened as we were going through some tougher financial times back then, than we are now. Getting that 2nd mortgage paid off has relaxed our austerity program considerably. Still driving a 14 year old F 150 that is in the twilight of its life unfortunately. ;)

Hoot
Hoot

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 am

Al in Mi wrote:That's about as cheap as I have ever seen them too.

Sale is still going on... Free shipping on $50 or more for the moment.

Hoot
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b