Ammo availability in Michigan

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Ammo availability in Michigan

Postby teddy_d » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:10 am

Stopped in at Jays Sporting goods in Gaylord Friday the 9th and they have 5 different factory loads on the shelf!!

Federal 300 grain
Federal 260
Hornady 245
Hornady original and black ( same stuff imho)
Winchester 250

Life is good.

When they have a factory copper round/s life will be Great :ugeek:
Last edited by teddy_d on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy_d

Re: Ammo availability in Michigan

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:21 am

Hornady should jump on with their 250gr monoflex ML bullet, make the tip white or zombie green, that should force Barnes to get cracking on getting their offerings going!!!
Al in Mi

Postby teddy_d » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Al in Mi wrote:Hornady should jump on with their 250gr monoflex ML bullet, make the tip white or zombie green, that should force Barnes to get cracking on getting their offerings going!!!

Yes there could be 3-4 more options.

I was impressed with 5! I'd imagine that the Southern Jay's location also has 5, that being said there isn't much reason for people in Meeeechigan to complain about availability as Jays ships.

Looking forward to reading about successful hunts this year using these newer options.
Also looking forward to using my Barnes 200xpb loads and getting some detailed photos of the deer. But maybe I don't harvest any white tails with them this season, I'm also hunting with a.308 pistol.
teddy_d

Postby Rklenke » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:05 pm

teddy_d wrote:Stopped in at Jays Sporting goods in Gaylord Friday the 9th and they have 5 different factory loads on the shelf!!

Clare was my home town. I miss having Jays Sporting Goods a quick drive away, nothing even compares where I'm at now in NC. Jays is a guaranteed afternoon stop whenever I make it home for Christmas.
Rklenke

Return to Reloading for the 450b