Hornady 245 Interlock Bullets

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Hornady 245 Interlock Bullets

Postby Seedyn » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Anyone try out the new Hornady 245g interlock SP bullets yet? I picked up 100 and just wondering if the 250 load data using Lilgun is maybe a good place to start.
Any comments or thoughts as far as accuracy and actual real world use on big game? These look like they might be very good in the 450BM.
Seedyn

Re: Hornady 245 Interlock Bullets

Postby Hoot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:53 am

There's more than one page in this sub-forum. From the second page: http://450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16273. There are three pages in that thread with actual range report (pictures) on the last page. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Seedyn » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Thanks for the link to look up Hoot. I tried the search but did not find this link. Looks like good starting data here. I will probably use this to load 50 or so ladder loads up and try to get some data of my own and see if I can find a good node for my rifle. Just need the Michigan weather to hold now so I can get some range time in.
Seedyn

Postby Hoot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Seedyn wrote:Thanks for the link to look up Hoot. I tried the search but did not find this link. Looks like good starting data here. I will probably use this to load 50 or so ladder loads up and try to get some data of my own and see if I can find a good node for my rifle. Just need the Michigan weather to hold now so I can get some range time in.

The search feature here is not very good. Google forum search works a lot better. The process of using its forum search is detailed in my "Information Depository" sub-forum in the third thread.
I would have liked the interlocked core to have been used in the FTX family. Nude lead spire points tend to get permanently dinged up too easily. Its a matter of personal preference. I doubt the BC in these mortar rounds surely doesn't benefit much from a preserved spire point shape. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b