Brown Bears with the Barnes 275 TSX

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Brown Bears with the Barnes 275 TSX

Postby Avenger10 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:20 am

Guys-

I'm looking for real world experience shooting big things with the Barnes 275 TSX bullet from a 450BM.

Specifically, I'd like to see data and supporting experiences from shooting Grizzlies, Moose or Bison sized animals with this combination.

If you have any verified info please share.

Thanks,

-Barttman
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Re: Brown Bears with the Barnes 275 TSX

Postby Bmt85 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 am

Sorry no moose, grizzly, or bison, but I did take a black bear a few years ago with the 275 TSX. Was around 300lbs (guessed). Camp's scale was way off, Taxidermist who did my rug, took a bear slightly smaller than mine that weighed right at 300lbs on a calibrated scale. Anyways, it was about a 40yrd shot, in the left shoulder (high, and forward), out the right arm pit. Bear hit the ground, rolled around for a second, then kicked itself maybe 10ft across the ground, and expired. About a 1" hole in, cue ball sized exit wound, and it started to suck the lung out the exit wound. Some damage to the left lung, massive damage to the right lung, almost severed the trachea in one spot, and some damage to the heart.

Everyone at camp was impressed that a little AR did that much damage. I received a lot of questions about the rifle, the cartridge, and the load I was running after that bear was taken. LOL
Bmt85

Return to AR15 Style Rifles