Any 10mm Loaders out there?

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Any 10mm Loaders out there?

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 am

Man. Found this post and it’s really informational. I’ve found some really relavent material to our cartridge as well.
http://10mm-firearms.com/reloading-10mm ... t=next#new
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby rob cullen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:26 am

Hey mate
I feel for you and your mum, we just had my wifes mum live with us for 9 months , she had dementia and our household was a living hell , it is so hard to deal with even to the point where are dogs ( usually tough ) would cringe and hide with all the tension. My mums a nurse and deals with this a lot and she told me that the people caring for them often end up in the nut house themselves - and she was right it was tearing us apart and its very nasty Poo . One of those things people will never know until they go through it with loved ones.Any how shes dead now and gone, and things are back to normal- it was sad when she died but also a huge load off our family ( i dont know how to say that nicely but it was destroying us slowly but surely and there is nothing you can do about it )
Corona hasn't effected my Hydraulic business and still doing 12 hour days as normal, putting an ad out today for more staff as i cant keep up.
Luv to your mum and keep strong mate
rob cullen

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Thanks man. Mom had complications over the weekend and had to be taken back to the hospital. Long story. But she had surgery Saturday and will have surgery again tomorrow for a muscle graft and skin graft. I still can’t see or talk to her and I’m sure she’s confused as all #+%*^*#. But there’s just not much we can do about that right now.
Back to the 10mm, I finally picked up my pistol Saturday. I’ve put 1/2 a box through it and I absolutely love it. I’ve been gathering up and ordering components for it and yes, I still can’t find any Blue Dot powder. But everything else I need seeems to be in its way. Yesterday I ordered a KKM barrel for it. And I’m so happy that all of my leather for the Glock G21 fits this Glock. That’s saved me about $350.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby offrink » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:43 pm

My wife had terminal cancer for 14 months before she passed from cancer that went to her brain. It was very very hard watching my 31 year old wife go from running marathons to becoming paralyzed from the waist down and then a continued slow spiral down. We had a newborn and a 4 year old when she was diagnosed. I understand more than you understand.

Back to the 10mm. I started reloading for 44 mag and bought two 4lb jugs of it and very glad I did! Right before things were shut down I bought 1000 flat nose fmj rounds and 500 Speer gdhp’s. I’ve reloaded 1,000 rounds and shot a few hundred and the 180 grains I mentioned previously stay very accurate for me. Hope you get out shooting and enjoy your firearm!
offrink

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:51 am

offrink wrote:My wife had terminal cancer for 14 months before she passed from cancer that went to her brain. It was very very hard watching my 31 year old wife go from running marathons to becoming paralyzed from the waist down and then a continued slow spiral down. We had a newborn and a 4 year old when she was diagnosed. I understand more than you understand.

Back to the 10mm. I started reloading for 44 mag and bought two 4lb jugs of it and very glad I did! Right before things were shut down I bought 1000 flat nose fmj rounds and 500 Speer gdhp’s. I’ve reloaded 1,000 rounds and shot a few hundred and the 180 grains I mentioned previously stay very accurate for me. Hope you get out shooting and enjoy your firearm!

My condolences to you and your whole family man. Cancer sucks. Dementia Sucks. And it seems like every time I turn around I am reminded how much cancer sucks. I’m fighting it personally myself lost one kidney already and trying to keep the other one from going sour on me. And I don’t really know what else to say.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby rob cullen » Fri May 08, 2020 5:43 am

Me neither
F---ks sake tex , didnt know you had that crap going on.
Yell out if you need a hand , im sure every one here can help out in one way or another
Take care man
rob cullen

Postby offrink » Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm

I haven’t been back to check on this post until now.

Tex I feel for you. I had Hodgkin’s lymphoma three times. Last time it almost got me. Docs said I was within a couple of weeks of death. My low was 145lbs at 6’6” and I former college basketball player. Now I can barely feel my feet, had bad toe drop, and still have some trouble walking long distances or running. I ended up with a trial drug that I didn’t fit because my liver (as well as all my bones, kidneys, spleen, and all my lymph system) was cancerous and out of wack. Stay strong Tex. I’ll be thinking of you.
offrink

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Thanks guys. Mom is hanging in there but she’s gotten worse. She’s not eating very well and has pretty much stopping talking. She now in hospice care back in her memory care unit.
As for me, I’ll worry more about my health later. I’m just taking a ton of vitamins and herbal suppliments and this seems to have worked well for me so far.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby cwlongshot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Okay. So I reluctantly joined the 10mm forum. They seem to be fairly nice towards each other. I haven’t interacted with any of them although I did post an introduction only a few hours ago. It looks like I may have my pistol by Monday. I still haven’t found any powder that I’m looking for.

The guys are good folks there. Slower site like here maybe a touch more active.

I have owned and shot the 10mm sine nearly day one. Living in CT and having family in the company, plus many friends on there pistol team, I knew Colt was coming out with it before many. My first Delta is a 4diget sn Blued gun. I also have all the Glocks in 10mm and have been carrying a G29 for the last four years as a winter gun.

I load for all of them cast and jacketed light and hot.

BLUE Dot is probably most used powder. Power Pistol and Longshot working well for lighter loads and AA7 is about as perfect a all around powder as ya gonna find.

Mech Tech conversion upper makes a nice carbine.

CW
cwlongshot

Postby offrink » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Thanks guys. Mom is hanging in there but she’s gotten worse. She’s not eating very well and has pretty much stopping talking. She now in hospice care back in her memory care unit.
As for me, I’ll worry more about my health later. I’m just taking a ton of vitamins and herbal suppliments and this seems to have worked well for me so far.

If you have time I wouldn’t mind an update. Been thinking about you guys and hoping everything is going well.
offrink

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading