Remmy factory loads I just now noticed...

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Remmy factory loads I just now noticed...

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:20 am

Big Green seems to have slipped in three new 450b loads while I wasn't looking; 250gr TTSX Hog Hammer; 250gr Hypersonic Copper TTSX; and UMC 260gr FMJ....color me surprised! I just hope their Quality Control is back online...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Remmy factory loads I just now noticed...

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:47 am

I've seen the Accutips in stock, but haven't seen the other 3 yet...........................so hopefully..................... but we've all been on the hog hunter waiting list for years !!!!
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:57 am

The "Hog Hammers" are long overdue. As for the Hypersonics, so that's sounds like marketing hype. It could be some ultra-lite bullet using a faster powder than usual to hustle it up above say 2500. Who knows with vaporware. Believe them when you see them.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:50 am

I think the Hog Hammer and "Hypersonic" are the same loads in a different box...can you say "marketing b******t" ? 250gr Barnes TTSX BT

However, they seem to be hitting the shelves: https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/rem-hh-4 ... sx-20-200/ https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_inf ... /714022902

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rifle-am ... 20-rounds/

Haven't checked other places yet...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Ok,...so...I just got a few boxes of Remmy 450b Hog Hammer 250gr TTSX rounds today. That's the good news. Any of you who have been around the forum here for a while will remember a troubling situation we discovered a few years ago with the first run of Remmy green tips...case mouth profiles varied randomly from crimped to straight mouth to ever-so-slightly flared, usually within the same box of rounds. Well...my 20/400+ nearsighted microscope eyeballs have found that this first run of Hog Hammers have reduced the questionable crimps down to only one of the three possibilities. In the boxes I just received, they are all uniformly showing the ever-so-slightly flared case mouth profile. None show any evidence of the case mouth being crimped into the boolit. They look great, until you check closely. After waiting for the better part of ...what?...almost a decade to see this loading actually produced by Big Green, I'm feeling a tad deflated here...they seem to have duplicated the original problem all over again...maybe.

A trip to the range will prove the pudding, I suppose...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:42 pm

I've got some of the HST "Copper" version coming soon...I want to see if there's any actual difference, or just the usual marketing nonsense.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Return to AR15 Style Rifles