450 BM subsonic load data

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 450 BM subsonic load data

Postby Top_prop » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 pm

Great thread. Worthy of a bump.

Also to those who think 45ACP should be implemented... consider those of us who live in a state where the 45ACP is too short to meet the legal requirements to use in a rifle to harvest large game... plus if you already have a 450B, and a can, and you want to take your deer quietly... the info in this thread is very useful and easy to see why adapting one's exiting 450B , and bullets on hand to the task is desirable.

BRAVO!
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands
Top_prop

Postby GetOffMyLawn » Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 am

@Kiwi Greg
I LOVE the 12" Tikka! I've been wanting to build that for @ 5 years for hunting deer with heavy subs.
GetOffMyLawn

Postby Kiwi Greg » Sat May 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Sorry I haven't been on here is ages, doing other stuff, cars etc

Built up a couple more bolt guns, a Ruger factory & custom 22" long barrel model seven with big suppressors

You need a longer barrel to get the 450BM as quiet as possible sub sonic, not thirty cal quiet but packs way more punch

I have found what I believe to be the ultimate Sub Sonic hunting projectile, not cheap (especially by the time they get here) but extremely effective 8-)

Not sure if anyone else has posted about these ?

The Lehigh 452 Maximum Expansion® 220gr Bullet https://www.lehighdefense.com/all/452-m ... 0gr-bullet

They really open up into a big star with fantastic terminal performance, transforms the subsonic hunting potential of the .452

I thought I had some pics but I don't have any at hand sorry
Kiwi Greg

Postby GetOffMyLawn » Sun May 30, 2021 7:13 am

Kiwi Greg wrote:Sorry I haven't been on here is ages, doing other stuff, cars etc

Built up a couple more bolt guns, a Ruger factory & custom 22" long barrel model seven with big suppressors

You need a longer barrel to get the 450BM as quiet as possible sub sonic, not thirty cal quiet but packs way more punch

I have found what I believe to be the ultimate Sub Sonic hunting projectile, not cheap (especially by the time they get here) but extremely effective 8-)

Not sure if anyone else has posted about these ?

The Lehigh 452 Maximum Expansion® 220gr Bullet https://www.lehighdefense.com/all/452-m ... 0gr-bullet

They really open up into a big star with fantastic terminal performance, transforms the subsonic hunting potential of the .452

I thought I had some pics but I don't have any at hand sorry

Last week I discovered Howa made a 16" threaded barreled 450BM in their micro action, so found and bought one, along with a 460 caliber SiCo Hybrid can.
Now I need a mold, brass, optics, and Bidet's permission to own a muffler.
GetOffMyLawn

Postby howa-doing » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:27 am

i have that howa on its way here and a banish 46.....this is the thread i was looking for!!!
howa-doing

Postby howa-doing » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:17 pm

my can should be here in a month
the rifle is finicky about feeding if it has a decent meplat
i got that 500 g pointy mold from lee to try
i see a few post her for about 10g of unique
but can't find any official load data.....i want to stay sub-sonic
howa-doing

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b