Post Office and slow deliveries

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Post Office and slow deliveries

Postby Hoot » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:51 pm

USPS Boxes have been arriving in the normal time frame that I'd expect. Most of the flat mail we receive is junk mail and there is little time between when I take it out of the box and it sails into the garage trash can. Certainly not interested in looking at the post mark so its hard to say when they were sent. My wife's sister passed away suddenly on the 21st. She got a lot of flat mail sympathy cards which she kept, along with their envelopes. Their postmarks indicate that they came within 2 days but most were sent from within the state. Speaking of UPS. I got a set of running boards for my new F-150, They arrived in town last Friday at 12 noon and I got the package today, 4 days later. I could ride a bike to the UPS depot in 2 hours! :roll: It took less time to travel from California to the local distribution depot than it took to go the last few miles to me. In their defense, they're usually pretty prompt with standard delivery, as is FEDEX.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gmstack » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 am

I ordered an item from RCBS in California and it took 8 days for FED EX to get to me in Eastern PA.
gmstack

Postby plant_one » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:22 am

i just got two checks delivered yesterday that were dated august 1st and july 30th respectively. the company that sends them doesnt hold htem after print - they always mail next day after printing/stuffing the envelopes.

and in the same bundle was one dated august 24th. go figure. that one must have accidentally fallen in the "been waiting for a minute" bin or something
plant_one

Postby PRKL8R » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Yeah I picked the wrong time to bid on a gun on GB. Won a Browning T-bolt Nov.30th,got money order and FFL in mail Dec2,Seller didn't receive until Dec.8. He mailed rifle Dec.12. Just got notification that it arrived at my man's this morning Dec.30. WHEW I was begining to sweat it!
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Postby plant_one » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:40 pm

i had mailed an oil sample off to Blackstone Labs in the early days of nov (4th or 5th) and had written it off as lost after 3 weeks.

somehow it was found and finally delivered by the USPS and i got my (very positive i'm happy to report) oil report yesterday!

the only bummer is.. i had now planned that my next oil sample was prepaid and i'll have to cough up another $30 :lol: :lol:

locally... or i guess regionally....

the Allen Park, MI Postal Depot - THE HUB - for the SE great lakes region - recently got a write up about what a disaster it is for the etsy store owners and such... i cant find the origional article, but this outlines some of the problems that they're facing ... most of which is blamed on understaffing due to covid combined with an e-commerce sales surge this holiday season due to covid.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer ... llen-park/
plant_one

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:04 pm

USPS is slow or incompetent everywhere right now. The post office that handles midway USAs packages it’s sitting on packages for 3 to 5 days before they even transport them out of Missouri. Here in Texas the Coppell terminal is a total Charlie Foxtrot. The Irving Texas terminal is sending packages from its terminal to clear out to Greenville Texas instead of straight to the Collin county main postal terminal in McKinney Texas. So the packages go from either Coppell and Irving to Greenville then back to McKinney then out to the Area post offices.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby AlexPhilip » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:11 pm

Because the people running this country are incompetent twats. And no FedEx is not faster now. If anything they are worse. For example I something ordered monday. It may not even show up till this upcoming monday. Which is unacceptable. They lost needed vitamin D and B supplements. Replacements might get in today. The original order? stuck on some guys truck in mariland. And the Dems are to —-redacted—- to get their Poo together and fire Dejoy. —————redacted————-.
Post modified by moderator.
AlexPhilip

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 pm

We do try to refrain from dropping the F Bomb here so in the future try to find a more decent way to express your feelings. Also. At the end, you wrote a comment that is obviously intended to stir the pot on a very controversial subject. This type of baiting is not welcome on this forum. You will respect the rules and you will respect our members. My ban hammer may be dusty, but it still works with a quickness. @alexphilip
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 pm

I just want to make it clear that any abusive or incendiary commentary will be screen captured and stored in a separate cloud server, even if the comments are deleted later. We don’t have “repeat offenders”.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 pm

OK, now that we got all that nastiness out of the way, I will add an antidote to this recent US postal snafu. I made an order a week ago that shipped from the Hill country here in Texas. The package rolled around that terminal for a few days before it was put on the truck and sent to City of Industry in California. Then it took a slow truck back to Dallas Texas. Right now it’s somewhere between Dallas and my house. Why the package had to go to California I have no idea. That’s the US Postal Service for you. I guess they figure if our commander in chief can be disoriented so can the mail. And I will agree with the comment that FedEx is trash. And the Amazon personal delivery trucks are a crossbreed between the US Postal Service, FedEx, and the Samsonite luggage gorilla.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic