450 bush

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

450 bush

Postby overtheir » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:46 pm

There was a thread somewhere about using Remington 7.5 primers anybody know where to find it ,primers my way are scares . Thanks
overtheir

Re: 450 bush

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:50 pm

I use CCI 450's, Remmys have always been scarce around here.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:57 am

Primers as a whole are scarce at prices we were used to. A year ago, I picked up a brick of 7 1/2's for $75.00. At the time, I felt embarrassed for paying that much but now, that would be a bargain. :roll: Alas, the new normal. As Al has said, there are other magnum, small rifle primer brands out there but if you can find some, they will not be as cheap as they were. Powder is starting to trickle (no pun intended) back into the supply chain but primers are still hit or miss and probably will be for some time to come. As loathe as I am to hazmat fees, lately many reloaders I know are happy to pay them just for the opportunity to get what they need. I believe that the maturity of this caliber, along with the scarcity of affordable reloading supplies has lead to the drop off in activity here and on many shooting forums I frequent. Everything is cyclic and I believe the availability of reloading supplies will be back eventually. We have as a whole however, shown how much we are willing to pay to get our fix and prices will not return to pre-2020 levels again. I'm not sure what is involved in getting them shipped across the border but if there are no restrictions, you are well served watching the big name, online suppliers closely with your wallet in hand and be ready to pounce within minutes, if they get some in. Same goes for local suppliers. Beware the pestilent scalpers. They worship only one god and that is their bank account.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby overtheir » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Sorry I was not clear on my question I have the primers but there was a thread regarding performance with them.To answer your question about reloading supplies getting them across is a pain you have to deal with th ATF ,U.S. customs Shipping them is a bigger pain in the south end have to use a special shipping company that can handle the stuff.My customs people allows us to bring them in for personal use but only so many
overtheir

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:57 pm

overtheir wrote:Sorry I was not clear on my question I have the primers but there was a thread regarding performance with them.To answer your question about reloading supplies getting them across is a pain you have to deal with the ATF ,U.S. customs Shipping them is a bigger pain in the south end have to use a special shipping company that can handle the stuff.My customs people allows us to bring them in for personal use but only so many

The 450b loves Remington 7 1/2 primers. Aside from doing an A/B once with them against CCI 450's, I only use them in my 450b loads and they deliver. I might mention, I use them in many of my other SRP calibers like 6XC, 6CM, 6.5x47L, .260, 30 Rem AR, .223, 7.62x40 and 6.5 Grendel.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby overtheir » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks did you notice a velocity differance between the cci ?
overtheir

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:36 pm

overtheir wrote:Thanks did you notice a velocity differance between the cci ?

Given the velocity SD for the 450b in an AR platform can be quite a bit more than bottleneck calibers, even when you're doing everything right, I'd say that the difference was down in the noise. AKA No. I am however a creature of habit and use 7 1/2's for my 450b. If I were running low on 7 1/2's, I wouldn't hesitate to use CCI 450's in my other SRP calibers.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby plant_one » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:04 pm

in my testing with several uppers - there was no appreciable difference in accuracy or velocity when using 450's or 7½'s.

i would not hesistate to use either one interchangerably with this caliber.

ymmv
plant_one

Return to Reloading for the 450b