*Hello to all our new members*

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby BlackForrester » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:40 am

heiho

I am new too - I have several bolt action and breakdown guns in exotic calibers by my grandfather - now I want to standardazie and update the calibers and systems
there is a custom 450BM in Planning for that I am here - to learn new stuff and connect with u guys
BlackForrester

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:42 am

BlackForrester wrote:heiho

I am new too - I have several bolt action and breakdown guns in exotic calibers by my grandfather - now I want to standardazie and update the calibers and systems
there is a custom 450BM in Planning for that I am here - to learn new stuff and connect with u guys

welcome!!!!
Al in Mi

Postby BlackForrester » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:52 pm

Al in Mi wrote:

welcome!!!!

thank you very much !!
BlackForrester

Postby s4s4u » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 pm

s4s4u

Postby arrowshooter » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:41 am

Good Morning from another new guy. I have been doing the 458 SOCOM/450BM "which one" dance for about two years now and just ordered a BCA upper in the 450BM, so the journey begins.

I have been lurking here for about two weeks garnering knowledge on the 450BM, mostly in the area reloading and the potential hacks needed in case of a failure. I have picked up 200 rounds of the Hornady 250 FTX to start with and that brass will be the beginnings of my reloading stash until Starline gets back in stock. PIcked up RCBS dies along with a Lee FCD. I will load with H110 because I have it, and I will pickup the Hornady 250 FTX's to load. The only thing I am missing is a trimmer but I'll post it in the Reloading section.

Thanks for having me and I feel warm and fuzzy already :D .
arrowshooter

Postby NKYEd » Sat May 21, 2022 6:04 pm

Hello to all!

New to the .450 so this forum is helping a lot. Not new to the AR platform and I decide I need a big bore AR for hog hunting, so .450 here I come.

I would be talking about my new upper, but Fed Ex decided to mangle my new upper. Came home Friday to find a rain soaked box on the front porch. The end had been taped together, and at some point he upper has come out of the box and it was stuffed back in. If I had been home I would have refused the box. Oh well, now all the fun of sending back to be replaced as there are issues with it.

Ed
NKYEd

Postby Al in Mi » Mon May 23, 2022 2:44 am

welcome Ed.

what upper you going with?
Al in Mi

Postby NKYEd » Mon May 23, 2022 3:28 pm

I am going with a BCA 18" heavy barrel. Have read good reviews on it so I thought I would give it a try. I have several other BCA uppers and they all work fine.
NKYEd

Postby expire » Fri May 27, 2022 9:03 am

hellooo mud bug--thanks for the welcome message and it is good to find a forum that deals with 450s---i have been shooting and reloading for 60 years (rifle and shotgun) but never for a straight wall case till now--thank you for any and all info i may receive --i will also share any of my reloading and shooting experience with everyone--Roger
expire

Postby RBDMTJager » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:14 pm

Hello to all.
While I own multiple AR platforms I do not own one chambered in 450BM. I am very seriously considering purchasing a bolt or single shot gun in 450BM for public land hunting in multiple states. I have been reloading for 4+ decades both rifle and HG both SW and BN cases and all I need to reload for 450BM is Dies, and brass, all be it I will likely buy a few better BC bullets as well.

I do have several public ground legal slug guns and inline ML's but with the cost of sabot ammo hitting $5 a round and ammo availability being utterly undependable at best especially highly specialized strictly seasonal ammo like 12ga sabot ammo, I have for a long time only owned and hunted with rifles I can and do reload for. Unfortunately one can not reload saboted shotgun ammo whos ballistic performance is even approaching that of factory loaded shotgun sabot ammo.

So accordingly I will be posting some questions in the bolt rifle section to help make my decision on weather to invest in a non AR platform in 450BM or not. I am choosing to go the bolt gun or single shot rifle route due the economics and ballistic advantages of a bolt/1 shot VS an AR platform. I literally need only buy a set of carbide dies and brass as I already have powder, primers, bullets, optics and mounts suitable for a bolt rifle or break-breach gun.

Lastly I have a considerable amount of money available in Cabela's club points to reduce my actual cost of purchasing a gun chambered in 450BM by at least 40% so that kind of made up my mind to go the non-AR platform route.
RBDMTJager

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic